Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's done!ish

I just dropped my frame off at the powder coater. Pretty exciting, my first one to get PC'd. I picked a pretty flamboyant purple and I'm a little nervous to see how it turns out, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I learned a lot of things on this bike. Mostly about frame alignment  How to get it right(er), how to adjust it, and how to check it out along the way.

It was also interesting building a geared bike. I managed to nail all of my clearances, including chainrings and cranks and deraillieurs and such. I also got the chain stays the same length, which was sweet.

Anyway, I can't wait to get this thing built up and finally start riding it! I've been dreaming about this bike for a while now...

Here are some pics:





Oh, and here's one of my klunker if you hadn't seen it.

With some advanced technology

Also, if any of you are interested in seeing lots of bike pictures more often, I'm on that "Instagram" thing and my name is adarn4 if you wanna check it out.

More pics, when its back from powder next week!
-Adam

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific sounding book - the water cycle is cool in and of itself and a book which teaches it in such a fun poetic way is mega-cool.
    Accounts Software For Small Business
    Simran Kaur

    ReplyDelete