Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cross bike built and ridden!


Well, I finally got it finished, and it turned out great!! I'm sure that this bike is best looking one that I have built, the finnish came out really nice and the I think the powdercoat looks great. It's hard to tell in the pics, but it's sparkly purple too. I dig it.

Anyway, It was like 50 degrees in Bozeman today, so just about as perfect as it gets for a January bike ride. The bike rides just about how I wanted it too, which is cool! I'm not a big fan of being super hunched over or drops, so I built it short, and that seems to have done the trick. 

I also think I did a really good job of tube selection for this bike. It seems to be stiff in all the right places. I had virtually no noticeable flex in the chain stays or rear triangle, which is awesome, but still that good steeley feeling. "Laterally stiff, yet vertically compliant" you might say.

Anyhow, I'm very pleased with the end result. I can't wait to take it on some dirt!
Oh, and those gears... they're not too bad either.


front

back
front

FD Pulley


Bridger Bowl in the background
cable routing, seat stay bridge
another one with the bridgers. Pretty ride.

4 comments:

  1. It looks awesome, Adam!!! I can't wait until i get mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Adam! You've come a long way in a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, Thanks Ellen!! I can't wait to build it!

    And thanks Walt!! I'm stoked and couldn't have done it without your help and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best online earning system in the world, Online Data entry jobs, Form Filling Jobs, Copy Pasting Jobs
    Join the best online system from home, Best Investment Plans without any work
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete